+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paddled around for a while ...

Hybrid View

Arrow Paddled around for a while ...

... in a rented row boat the other day. First time rowing in a long time.

Enjoyed the exercise and the scenery at Swift Current Lake at Glacier National Park.

The following five pix form a "panorama" from the shore of the lake.

If you ever get the chance to go to Glacier, don't pass it up. In fact, do yourself a favor and make it happen. And don't forget your hiking boots.

John
    The fish are always right.

Blog Entries

John, Those glaciers really look spectacular! Oh yea, there aren't many showing. I have heard that down the road there won't be many glaciers in Glacier National Park, so your idea of going there to check out the park may not be a bad idea. So, how was the fishing? Larry ---sagefisher---

the experience the other day gets me thinking about a small, portable watercraft to do some exploring on the water up there.
    Ahem.....................Float Tube

John,

My 10 ft. Nucanoe Frontier is only 55 lbs., it's more awkward than heavy. With a little redneck engineering I have manufactured two carts, both of which fit nicely in the back of it. I can travel a mile on foot, if necessary towing the boat with equipment in it. I have been carrying it in my extended cab Ford Ranger, about 2 ft. extends beyond the tailgate.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    Jesse -

Thanks for the reply.

I try to avoid "awkward" especially when it is 55# 10' long and 4' wide. At my height and age, that is a recipe for disaster. If I had a truck, maybe - but no way that kind of water craft is going in or on top of my vehicle.

The NFO Outlaw Assault is the one that I've seen that best fits what I have in mind, that presents the fewest compromises.

John

Love mine, but there is also the new Predator. Weighs 14 lbs. It is a slick ride.
    Assault:

Predator
    Last edited by Fly Goddess; 09-19-2013 at 06:51 PM.

That kind of rig? Okay. however, it is made from Heart Valve material so supper light. Maybe this one is more to your liking
    15 lbs

http://youtu.be/g8Uj3XGZRX4

Can't help you there, I got no idea. I like the Assault a lot, but I also like not having to step out of it and it takes getting use to not fishing with the rod tip in the water.
    Great for moving water.

I really believe Scadden is the Mercedes of the inflatable tube / pontoon manufacturers and by comparison they have Mercedes prices, it's pretty hard to get into a new boat for under a grand. Outcast get the runner up prize in my opinion with good boats for under $500 with their Trinity weighing in at 7 lbs. The Fish Cast Deluxe is under 14 lbs. for just the tube. I have a LCS 4 which is around 20 lbs. You are going to need fins and a inflation pump also.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread