+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thank You FAOL!

Hybrid View

Default Thank You FAOL!

I had a great thrill last weekend, and it would never have happened without this site. A few years ago I found FAOL and its been awesome. I'm not able to get online much anymore, but when I do, this is the place for me. But, last weekend I caught my first wild rainbow in the Smoky Mountains on a fly that I tied. I've caught stockers before, but that was my first wild one. I'm sorry no pics, my camera died Still, it was a big deal to me. It was the first time I had even went fishing this year. It's bad when you don't get to go much, but it makes you cherish the trips you get even more. And it never would have happened without this site. I've gotta give a special thanks to Jack and Warren, for teaching me stuff on the stream, and a very special thanks to everyone that keeps this site up and running.

Thanks again,
    Jason
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Fantastic Jason!!! There is no better place to be than FAOL. It is the greatest and most of the members here are eager to help in any way possible. Keep on tying and fishing when possible. It is the most rewarding hobby and the river/streams gives the peace that most need.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Bummer about the camera, still it's a nice memory you will cherish for the rest of your life. Congratulations and thanks for sharing. By the way, what fly did you use?
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Way to go Jason. I screwed up on the first one caught on a fly I tied by not cutting it off and keeping it. Lost the fly a short time later on another fish -bummer. But like everyone says, you 'll still have the memory and that "picture" can't ever be erased!

20 minutes from the Great Smoky Mountains N.P. and lots of cool water fishing.

Way to go Jason, I know that feeling having caught my first wild trout earlier this summer. What a great feeling to catch one on a fly that you have tied.
    Gordon
    Live every day as if it were your last.

Thats one of the coolest memory's I have catching my first wild trout on a fly I tied ! Awesome ! I"m very happy for you !!!
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

+ Reply to Thread