+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Something to good not to pass on.....

Hybrid View

Default Something to good not to pass on.....

I have a habit of surfing the web for anything fly fishing/tying related and came across something that is just to good not to pass on. I do not know where I read this, but, it was on a forum somewhere and I had to try it. They are making stocking foot waders a little too narrow at the ankle area and it makes it difficult to pull your waders off when you are finished wading. You end up doing the one foot shuffle trying to pull your foot out of the neoprene footie. After you pull on the neoprene long enough it could cause leaks where the neoprene meets the wader material. What this person tried and it works great is to put a small plastic bag over your foot before putting your leg into your waders. It does not have to be a big bag. It just needs to cover your foot and ankle area. Once you have done this, your waders will slip right off your foot and not hang up. I have tried this the last 4 times I have been out and it works great. I use small plastic bags that are made for a small wastebasket. I just slide one over each foot and step into my waders. After fishing, all I have to do is shake my leg and the waders just slide off my foot.

I may look funny putting my waders on, but, it sure makes taking them off easy plus keeps me from damaging the neoprene when taking them off. Try it....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I think that I first read that on this very forum. I've done it for several years now and it works great.
    Bob

Until I bought my Orvis Sonic waders I used this trick every time I put on my waders. It makes taking off the waders slick, slick slick. I used regular shopping bags for this.
    Now that I have the Orvis Sonic waders for some reason I no longer need the plastic bag as these waders slide right off and the fit of the bootie is the best I have experienced so far. Does it sound as if I like my waders....Yes, I do. And they were cheap compared to others.
    Take care
    Bernie

I'll try this. Does it help in putting your stockingfoot waders on??
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

Since my only problem was getting them off, I cannot answer this, but, I would think it would help either way. I do know that I no longer stretch the neoprene bootie getting them off and that has to help relieve the strain on the seam where the neoprene meets the wader material.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Slick going on and slick coming off...try it !!!

+ Reply to Thread