+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Meeting Program Ideas

Hybrid View

Default Meeting Program Ideas

Hey everyone! Our local TU chapter meets every month. Our meetings start with a brief "business meeting" then we try to finish up with about an hour long "Program" or topic of discussion.

In the past our programs or topics have included things such as fly tying sessions and/or demonstrations, casting, discussions of places we've fished/want to fish, presentations by our state's Game & Fish folks, presentation by our local Simms rep., etc.

I need some ideas for upcoming programs and/or topics. So let's hear ya! If you were sitting around in a room full of fisherfolks, what would you like to talk about, hear about or learn more about, etc?

Just lookin' to spitball this a bit so throw your ideas at me! Thanks.

Royce

Might discuss the "rumor" about the closing of all fish hatcheries beginning Oct. 1st.....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

How about a Leave No Trace presentation emphasizing the fishing adaptations. More info here http:www.lnt.org. If you need a presenter I can help make arrangements.

Anyone interested in a (free) presentation in Indiana or adjacent states just let me know. We'll see what we can schedule. (I don't charge for my presentations.)

Bill Houk
    LNT Master Educator and Indiana Go Fish IN Crew Captain
    Last edited by billhouk; 09-11-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Blog Entries

Check to see if you have a local unit for Project Healing Waters and see if they give presentations, they do around here.

A Casting For Recovery presentation is also good to have, if you have a local unit.

Larry ---sagefisher---

Those are some excellent ideas. Thanks.

Your local Boy Scouts may be able to make a good presentation and bring along some scouts with fly fishing and/or tying badges, or some working on badges.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    Your local Boy Scouts may be able to make a good presentation and bring along some scouts with fly fishing and/or tying badges, or some working on badges.
    One of our members is a Certified Boy Scout Merit Badge instructor in fly fishing/fly tying and all things fishing. He is working on a plan for us to get together at some of their meetings.

We usually have at least one invited guest who kicks the evening off by tying flies. We then move into a business section which is very short and then have someone make some sort of fly fishing related presentation. PowerPoints on rod building, fishing spring creeks, stillwaters, etc. The chapter usually utilizes members who have those talents and are prepared to give a polished presentation.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

+ Reply to Thread