I have a favorite local pond that's great for bream and bass (L/M). Great place to try out new equipment - fly rods, reels and lines - not to mention some of my fly tying creations (?) and other asorted "things" friends have put together to try out. I have been amazed this season on the sucess I've had with the Tenkara flies (one's I have tied!), they have out fished every creation I have in my rather large "collection".

My favorite way to fish the pond is using the 12' Radisson canoe/boat where the technique is to fish to the shore line from the center of the pond. On another recent thread I described how I managed to roll that Radisson over right about in the middle of that pond! Good thing it was the warm weather/water season!

Anyway, last evening I hooked up with a six pound - 24 inch L/M bass (using a Tenkara fly that I tied) and on my favorite 9' 5wt rod. What was so great about it was when that bass hit and then took off on a run, it pulled that radisson canoe/boat along, too! Had a serious fly rod/big fish episode that lasted an honest 15 minutes anyway. Was using a 6 lb mono tippet on the end of the leader and by golly did the job.

Ain't fly fishing fun!