+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hooks

i just started looking into a importer would love to have some advice / fisst thing i saw was the sizing wasnt western / need to define how to cross refrence to there sizing charts

Quote Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
    im looking for a shop or company that sells hook packaged in 100s / i get tried of ordering and paying shipping on 50s and 25s / any ideas would be helpful thanks
    Unfortunately it appears that a lot of the best known manufactuers no longer package by the 100s. I haven't used flies tyed on this hook manufacturer but the packaging is by the 100s and the prices are excellent. Maybe someone can offer an opinion about the quality of the Saber fly tying hooks.

Allan

Blog Entries

I buy my hooks from blue ribbon flies online in 100 Piece boxes. You can shop online there

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    Unfortunately it appears that a lot of the best known manufactuers no longer package by the 100s.[SNIP]
    Huh? Tiemco, Daiichi, Gamakatsu, Eagle Claw, and even Mustad (granted not all styles) all still sell boxes of 100. Dai-Riki is the only mainstream and common in US company I can think of that only sells hooks in a single quantity retail (boxes of 50).

If the OP is worried about paying shipping, what he/she really needs to do is to shop around a bit for a vendor that offer free shipping on a minimum order.
    Last edited by whatfly; 09-11-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Allen will sell you hooks by the package but they do not always have every option in stock. I have ordered 100 hooks from them of one type and they were packaged into quantities of 25 but shipping on hooks is free.

what a really like buying is 1k or more at a time just finding the sizes and styles i use and want some times no a lot of times are hard to find

+ Reply to Thread