+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally...another Grass Carp!!

There were some carp trolling around where I was bluegill fishing last night. I was fishing my 2wt and was afraid I'd actually hook one after all the times I've gotten skunked using a proper rod, so I left them alone. Nice fish!
    There have never in history been so many opportunities to do so many things that aren't worth doing. - William Gaddis

Quote Originally Posted by Prairieschooner View Post
    I was fishing my 2wt and was afraid I'd actually hook one after all the times I've gotten skunked using a proper rod, so I left them alone. Nice fish!
    That's the only way I know how to catch one is to be completely unaware of their presence and cast under a bush after a bream. I don't think you have to worry about harming the fish catching it on too light of a rod, they are pretty robust. My brother in law hauled some 100 miles in a trash can with a bubbler in it many years ago and I have seen them stick their heads completely out of the water to get grass off the bank.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. Mark Twain

It wasn't the fish I was worried about .
    There have never in history been so many opportunities to do so many things that aren't worth doing. - William Gaddis

+ Reply to Thread