+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unique new home made tying bench...

Grn Mt Man, your friend is living proof that Craftsmanship is not dead. Wow taht is one fantastic fly tying bench. The craftsmanship and design of that bench is totally awesome. Your friend should go into business and make those benches for a living. Tell him he has many bench admirers here on FAOL. Thanks for showing his work here, John.

That is one sweet bench!

Could you all imagine a dinner table made like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Breamchaser View Post
    Grn Mt Man, your friend is living proof that Craftsmanship is not dead. Wow taht is one fantastic fly tying bench. The craftsmanship and design of that bench is totally awesome. Your friend should go into business and make those benches for a living. Tell him he has many bench admirers here on FAOL. Thanks for showing his work here, John.
    Beautiful!!
    I can't imagine what the price point would be, but it SHOULD BE astronomical. That is just awesome.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Uncle Jessee & anyone else wondering if Bob was going to put legs on his bench, here is the answer I got from Bob.

"My tying bench when not in use sits on a 1918 US Army Airplane Tool Chest. The tool chest is a fully restored beautiful piece of furniture which houses much of my tying materials. Because I work from my home office, I have a nice walnut office desk that I work from. When I am ready to tie flys, I can easily transfer the bench to my desk top and the tool chest is now fully accessible. For this reason, I have no immediate intention of putting legs on the bench.

The bench is sturdy enough to put legs on in the future if I decide to do so. If I made another tying bench w/legs, I would not have planed the bench thickness to 1 ? “. For a bench with legs, I would have kept at least 2 - 4” thickness. Of course once you do that it becomes a piece of furniture not easily moved around."

+ Reply to Thread