+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wild Duck CDC

Someone from Canada needs to come to the Atlanta area and tell their geese they need to come home in the summer. They are everywhere around here and if you have a nice super green lawn they really like that and the poop like Rottweilers everywhere they go.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Blog Entries

Same problem here Jesse... There is a commercial product squeezed from grape seed they spray on ball fields and such to keep the geese off. It works surprisingly well.

Art, if you need some white CDC, just let me know. I happen to know a guy that's got a pretty decent stash.... (truck bed full from spring season)
    The Green Hornet strikes again!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by quivira kid View Post
    Art, if you need some white CDC, just let me know. I happen to know a guy that's got a pretty decent stash.... (truck bed full from spring season)
    Thanks, but what I really need is bronze mallard, and gadwall and teal flank... Some years I get enough to make it through but last winter I found myself buying bronze mallard for a spey tying class I taught... I never get a teal or gadwall old enough to have decent flank and I am living on birds shot decades ago...
    art

I may have some bronze mallard.... I will have to check. I use it to wing my hares ear wets, just cause it looks cool.
    The Green Hornet strikes again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hap View Post
    Thanks, but what I really need is bronze mallard, and gadwall and teal flank... Some years I get enough to make it through but last winter I found myself buying bronze mallard for a spey tying class I taught... I never get a teal or gadwall old enough to have decent flank and I am living on birds shot decades ago...
    art
    If I get down to the coast this year back towards Machias to hunt, I might be able to put a hurting on some greenwing teal, we used to clean up on them. Made for the majority of the birds we would shoot the first few weeks of the season. Most days we'd pluck the birds in the field so many feathers were wasted, but now that I tie a lot more I do it at home where I can take the time to save what I need. I'll keep it in mind though.

art...will look see if I have any teal flank around here. I may have some sprig too, if you are interested. will PM you if I find anything.
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Derik View Post
    If I get down to the coast this year back towards Machias to hunt, I might be able to put a hurting on some greenwing teal, we used to clean up on them. Made for the majority of the birds we would shoot the first few weeks of the season. Most days we'd pluck the birds in the field so many feathers were wasted, but now that I tie a lot more I do it at home where I can take the time to save what I need. I'll keep it in mind though.
    I would certainly use and appreciate good teal flank. I do have tons of material that is hard to come by and reciprocating is a given... Might be a pun there!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by maodiver View Post
    art...will look see if I have any teal flank around here. I may have some sprig too, if you are interested. will PM you if I find anything.
    I have not forgotten the sprig you gave me before and certainly will do anything I can to make things right.

Hap, Finally got around to looking, no teal, but found a couple bags of sprig I ain't using. will send you one. PM Sent.
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

+ Reply to Thread