+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fly Boxs

Default Fly Boxs

I am constantly thinking about rearranging my boxes and also looking for new boxes that will hold my flies. Right now I'm using a foam insert type for all my nymphs because the box is thin and would crush any dry fly. I have a box for streamers, a box for mayfly, a box for caddis, and a midge case. All the last three are the compartment style. I rate these boxes, satisfactory. The nymph one is okay and the compartment ones are starting to annoy me a bit. The flies get all stuck together and if I ever drop my box while one the stream bye bye to all those flies. I saw an article in Flyfisherman Magazine and this guy had the most organized boxes I have ever seen. He seemed to know exactly what he needed though. I am still learning the streams in my area so I lean more on having a little of everything so it makes organization difficult. Any suggestions on what boxes you use and what is in them?

------------------
    [url=http://dryfly.argodesignstudio.com:a150e]http://dryfly.argodesignstudio.com[/url:a150e]

that guy was dr. john barr and he (and I) uses c&f design flyboxes.

one of the mags also recently featured rene harrop's boxes too...

quite a good idea, I think.

mgj

[This message has been edited by mikeytwoshoes (edited 17 March 2005).]

My suggestion would be the same...C&F fly boxes are the best as far as I am concerned. They cost a little more, but they work well. I have one box that has nymphs on one side and streamers on the other, and another box for dries. I have a third that I will fill with a combo of nymphs, streamers and dries, depending on where I am fishing for the day, and just carry the one box with me on the stream.

I arrange them by pattern and size, smallest first, then largest....for nymphs and streamers I arrange beadheads seperately from non-beadheads.

Would be interesting if people posted a picture of how they arranged their own fly boxes.

[This message has been edited by FlyFishingTexas (edited 17 March 2005).]

I keep it simple one box for drys and one
    for wets. I have used the adjustable boxes
    Orvis makes for maney years.

+ Reply to Thread