+ Reply to Thread

Thread: H&H IM6 9 wt

Default H&H IM6 9 wt

Anyone out there fish one of these blanks? This will be my saltwater stick, and I was curious of the 9's performance. I have a few others in different weights and think they are a great blank, but I was just curious , I will be using sinking lines.

------------------
    Rick Schlarb
    Please, support Project Healing Waters....Thank You

I use the 9wt 4 piece IM6 as my main SW stick.
    For an IM6 is is a faster action than I thought it would be (a good thing). Much faster than my H&H 5wt.
    My only problem was that the ferrules were not cut right and didn't seat well. I broke a couple before I got it straight.
    I spoke to Bob about this recently and he said the problem was only with the 9wt and has been cleared up.
    If I were to build another I would be very sure that the ferrules seated a good 1.5 inches before I started, then have fun building and fishing a fine rod for a good price.

[This message has been edited by dudley (edited 25 July 2005).]
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Thanks,this will be my fourth H&H rod, thanks for the scoop. Incedently, I have a 5 wt also, and fished with partner who had a T&T Paradigam, $600+ rod, my h&H cast just as well and also within a couple of feet in distance, just a little heavier. Think of the savings

------------------
    Rick Schlarb
    Please, support Project Healing Waters....Thank You

+ Reply to Thread