+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Smallmouth Fly Fishing DVD from Tim Holschlag

Hybrid View

Default New Smallmouth Fly Fishing DVD from Tim Holschlag

I bought Tim's book; "Smallmouth Fly Fishing" several years ago and found it to be the best book I have ever read on fly fishing form smallies. When he came out with the DVD, naturally I had to check it out. I ordered it last Friday afternoon and it arrived in yesterday's mail.
    This DVD complements his book. The DVD is approximately 63 minutes long and covers everything from habitat, to reading the water and how to present different types of flies. Yes he uses his own flies, but wouldn't you? Anyway, I think it is well worth the $24.95 + a few bucks for shipping. http://www.smallmouthflyangler.com/

And no I am not connected nor do I make any $$$ from promoting this. I just think it is worth mentioning.

Dave
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

That DOES look really good! Now I just went and bought the book...
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Default Fine Book For Sure

I agree with the book, it's great. I have yet to buy the DVD. Do you learn anything more than wha's in the book? Does he demonstrate the techinques in the book?

I can't give as full an answer as anglerdave can, since I don't have the DVD...but I did go to the link in his post, and it shows a few clips from the DVD. It does show techniques, such as doing the "crayfish hop" in current using the bow in the line, and using a strike indicator at the fly line/leader junction. It looks really hands-on informative/demonstrative, and not just some "watch a guy catching fish" type of video.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Thanks, Dave

The DVD is not just some guy catching fish. It is a true instructional DVD. I kind of liken it to the book in DVD form. He shows how to do the "crayfish hop" and other techniques. I think it is well worth the money.

Dave
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

+ Reply to Thread