+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smallmouth Bass Invading My Brown Trout Stream

Somewhere in all of this there is most likely a phrase that states-"our computer models show". That phrase always raises a red flag with me. The person or the group of people that are doing the study can make the "final" information show whatever they want it to show by tweaking their "computer model" .

George

As my Old Man used to say " Figures don't lie, but a good liar can figure". Not to say the guy is lying, but these thing can be manipulated.

Quote Originally Posted by cycler68 View Post
    It's just that humanity has never been down this path before and I think we should try to take the longest view we can.
    BS. Humans were around at the end of the last "Ice Age" when nearly all the north american megafauna, and who knows what else, went extinct due in large part to CLIMATE CHANGE. Our species certainly has been down this path before, and we will be many more times in the future too.
    To the simpleton, proof does not matter once emotion takes hold of an issue.

True enough, humans were around at the end of the last ice age but that isn't my point. Right now the atmosphere has 400 ppm carbon dioxide and that's the most it's had for many millions of years. In any event the end of the ice age came at a much slower pace than climatic change is happening now so the plants and animals had time to adjust and adapt. Change is happening so fast now that time to adjust has been taken away and we need to try and slow things down.
    The latest thing I heard is the arctic may be ice free in the summer by about the year 2020. I in all likelihood will live to see that day and that is when scientists expect climate change to experience a big bounce.
    Last edited by cycler68; 08-30-2013 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Update information

Why don't all of the folks that don't like CO2 in the atmosphere and global warming contribute to a solution and quit breathing both CO2 and hot air. The arctic has been ice free before and so has the antarctic. Before the beginning of the last ice age glacial period there were temperate forest as far north as 85 degrees north latitude. I think that points to a much warmer inter glacial period than the one we are in now. The earth gets warmer, the earth gets colder. I wish the so called climate scientist would make up their minds. Is it going to be an ice age as predicted in the 70s or a hot house and predicted on the 80s and 90s. The very notion that th climete change folks can use data from a very short 100 to 150 years, and that is being generous, and predict a cyclical system like the earth climate where the cycle is thousands and thousands of years is absurd. These guys are just full of themself and a major load of BS.

Let's hear it for the smallmouth bass and all of his warm water cousins.

I think I'll just build a sailing ship in downtown Miami, equip it with plenty of fishing equipment and wait for the ocean to come on it and float it. It might take awhile but as long as the Greenland and Antartic ice sheets keep on melting it will come and then I'll start trolling trying to figure out how far north those warm water ocean species have went.

Uuuh, let me check my "computer models" and I will get back to you. Maybe I can come up with one that will fit the agenda.

George

Never mind, the ice cap in Antarctica increased this year. If you would like I could loan you a sliderule, it's very green bamboo and uses no fossil fuel, unless you count the fossil who owns it.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Oh crap, the Antarctic ice cap grew this year! I'll have to depend on the Greenland ice sheet melting enough to float my sailing ship in downtown Miami.
    I heard that the level of the ocean even went down 1/4 of an inch few years ago but then scientists found out Austrailia was hogging all the water in Lake Eyre. Since then the most if not all of the lake has evaporated and the ocean is back to creeping up. At least it was last time I heard.

You could just wait until the Cumbre Viejo (sp?) volcano in the Canary Islands decides to to finally slide off into the ocean. That landslide will trigger a "mega-tsunami" that, 6 hours later, will basically wipe the East Coast clean.

+ Reply to Thread