hello cloud nine,
2 inches is a lot of fishing set in a rod but it could be repaird in all probability. I don't know what kind of rod that you have but about the only time I have seen that much set it was a combination of set and someone resetting the ferrule at some point OR i did have one at one time that was like that and you could bend the cane back into shape or in a different directin and it would stay. If it is all in the cane itself, you can straighten it by heating the cane with a dry air like out of a hair dryer and straightening it as you go. When I get one like that I like to remove the guides and varnish, clean the section thoroughly, and then put it in my drying cabinet for a few days then begin to straighten it with heat application. A technique that was passed on to me a few years ago that has proven to work quite well was to use an iron (yep, had to by the wife a new iron) and very carefully heat heat each side of the cane with it laying on a perfectly flat surface...it works, and no starch required! If the ferrule has been removed and improperly reset, you will see the bend starting right at the joint of the assembled rod...that compounds the set in the tip a lot. Lots of things to consider before you start to straighen it out though