Quote Originally Posted by bgreer View Post
Thanks for that description, dpenrod. I have the original sling pack and I like it a lot. But it's just too small for me if I want to do a whole day's fishing.
Your description will now allow me to tell my loved ones what I want for Xmas!

I like the tippet holder and the external water bottle holder are great. Since it's twice the size, that seals the deal.
the pack works great for me. since i don't want to come off as a complete orvis homer, i will throw one con out there. if you regularly wade in water past your waist, this is probably not the pack for you. it is not waterproof and you will get water in the bag. the waters i fish rarely require me to go deeper than my waist and quite frankly i don;t like to wade much deeper than that, especially in moving water. on the occasions i have gone deeper, i did get water in the bag and had to dry out some items. i do have some adjustment left in the straps, but i have them set where they feel comfortable to me and at that setting, i get some water in the pack. on occasion, enough that i could pour it out of the bag. just some food for thought if you're a deep wader.