+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Our new digs

Hybrid View

Default Our new digs

Wife put an add in one of the fiberglass rv forums and darned if we didn't get a call the next day from a couple in Polson (about 60 miles down the road) with the exact model we were looking for. Now all we have to do is find a truck - anyone got a 1/2 ton 4x4 they're looking to sell?

Regards,
    Scott

Nice looking rig Scott, that should be fun. As for the pickup, does anyone make what is considered a half ton anymore?
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Uncle Jesse,

Thanks. They still call the F150, GM/Chevy/Dodge 1500s, Tundras and Titans 1/2 tons even though payload and tow rating are a lot more than that; I imagine when they first came out, the payload was closer to 1000 lbs. Same thing with the 3/4 and 1 ton pickups.

Regards,
    Scott
    Last edited by ScottP; 08-09-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Scott,

I know I'm a old fossil but a F-100 and the F-1 before that were 1/2 ton pickups. I'm always a little amazed how many F-150 and their like are out there and how few every actually haul anything. The mileage rankings on the new trucks is getting better.

It's like all the sport-utes with brush guards I used to see in the drop off line at school; usually driven by well-groomed women who I doubt had any intention of letting their vehicle anywhere near what they were designed for.

Regards,
    Scott

OMG, get mud on my baby!! I spent a lot of my life on or around farms and worked by way through college doing road construction in south Louisiana. I am used to beds full of not so nice stuff.

How big is your new abode? It appears around 20 ft. of so. That FRP shell should be low maintenance.

+ Reply to Thread