+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "The Royal Wulff Murders"

Blog Entries

Default "The Royal Wulff Murders"

I am an avid reader. Primarily fly tying and fly fishing books. While fishing in the Madison Valley in June/July, a fellow fisher asked me if I liked to read. I said "yes".
    He said "Read the book 'The Royal Wulff Murders'". I read it and HIGHLY recommend it to anyone interested in a novel set in the Madison River area around Quake Lake and below.

It is a book about fly fishing and murders. It is set in the Madison River Valley. You will get portions about fly fishing as a couple of the main characters are either fishing guides or help out as guides.

It is a novel and it really has twists and turns to keep you riveted.

Has historical info about the area and mentions all the "real-life" monuments: Quake Lake, Henry's Lake, The Madison, Raynold's Pass, West Yellowstone, the Grizzly Bar, Island Park, Lyon's Bridge, and $3 Bridge to name a few.

If you have fished the area, it is a MUST read, IMHO!!

I read it as an eBook on iBook, but imagine it is available at Amazon and elsewhere. You won't regret reading it!!!

Fun read available thru kindle books.

I agree, it's an excellent read. For the record, the second installment in the series, "The Gray Ghost Murders" is now available.

I tried a few of the other fly fishing mystery book series, but didn't like them. So I was pleasantly surprised when I read "The Royal Wulff Murders" and enjoyed it as much as I did. I would definitely agree with the above and recommend this book. I haven't read the "The Gray Ghost Murders" yet, but it's on my list.

http://www.amazon.com/Keith-McCafferty/e/B001K8OAPM/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1375390085&sr=8-1

Blog Entries

Just finished The Gray Ghost Murders and it was as good as the first book!!!

Thanks for the tip. I generally love stuff like this.

I really like the John Galligan "Knot Series" (Clinch Knot, Blood Knot, etc., etc.) although I might be partial because the mostly take place in the midwest.

In a similar vein, Joe Perrone has written a number of murder mysteries set in the Catskills. I'm working my way through them and enjoying them.

tl
    les

Blog Entries

I went to McCafferty's web site and see that he is an accomplished fly tier in his own right. He has a video of him tying the Gray Ghost........

Byron,
    An enjoyable read.i'm going to download the Grey Ghost and start that today.thanks for the recommendation
    Best,
    Steve
    it's all good drifts

+ Reply to Thread