+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arrowhead Ranch Outing & pics from yesterday...

Hybrid View

Default Arrowhead Ranch Outing & pics from yesterday...

Yesterday, Wednesday, our Lynchburg Fly Fishing Club spent the day with taking the boys from Arrowhead Ranch fishing and having a sack lunch with them. We found the river to be a little high and stained from all the rain we have had, so, we fished some in the river and some at the small lake on the ranch. The river water was 70+ degrees, so, the trout were either gone or hiding in the deepest pool somewhere in the river to stay cool. The warm water fish were active and they did provide fun for the boys. There was only one trout caught and several bluegill and a few smallmouth bass. I know I had fun and I think Jack Hise did too. Here are a few pictures from the outing:

The main thing is that the boys had a good time. Some of them are seniors this year in school and this will be their last year at the ranch. I can remember them when I started working with them and have noticed a big change in them and I feel they have realy grown in spirit and have a different outlook on what the world has to offer them. They will miss the ranch and I will really miss them. May God continue to lead them and protect them.....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Warren, What a great report and a neat way to spend a Wednesday. Cool photos too. Thanks for sharing.Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Nice report. Glad you work wiht the kids.

Rick

That is a great looking outing. It is great those youngsters have had an opportunity to grow up in a positive atmosphere and set them up to succeed in life.

From a risk management point of view, you need to be real careful on the visitor screening. There is one really crusty looking ole guy there in the photo.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Jesse,

I know exactly which "crusty looking ole guy" you are referring too and I watch him very closely!!! : )
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Those days of learning and good fun will guide their future. The Ranch has planted the seeds of a productive life.
    Bruce

+ Reply to Thread