In by email from Ralph Moon:

I have had some inquiries regarding bamboo events at the Federation of Fly Fishers 2005 Conclave. While I am not personally involved with any of the Bamboo Rod Symposium activities I have volunteered to notify bamboo friends of the events involved.

First and, of great interest to those of you beginning (or thinking of beginning) to build bamboo rods, is the bamboo rod building workshop to be held August 4-8, 2005. The fee is $800 and for that fee, each enrollee will end up with a one tip 7'5" or 8' bamboo rod he will have made himself with the guidance of his own individual instructor. All materials, and tools and lunches will be provided, and the individual instructors are among the very best available. If you have always wanted some one-on-one instruction on this arcane art, now is your chance; a few openings are still available.

A special pre-conclave Symposium will be held Wednesday August 10th.. The working theme is "Something for Everyone.' Among the topics for information and discussion will be Andy Royer's new film "Trout Grass" a 50 minute production of bamboo from china to Montana.; a session by Bob Clark on wooden planing forms; Tom Morgan and Bill Blackburn of Tom Morgan Rodsmiths, Jerry Kustich of Winston demonstrating one-an-hour rod wrapping, as well as other notable rod builders, Marty Karstetter, John Zimny Dennis Higham and Ralph Moon. Cost of the symposium will be $25 and each attendee will be given a free $10 raffle ticket for Saturday night's drawing of a Hollow built Garrison Model 212E, which was built by rod builders at last year's conclave. There will be a continuing bamboo rod making demonstration during conclave, and on Saturday Bamboo Bamboo Rod casting activities, during which you might be able to cast a true classic collectible rod.

This is a fantastic week of bamboo rod activities, during which you will have a unique chance to meet with, and argue a bit, and trade tall tails with other rod builders.
See you there.Ralph