Byron,
I don't want to hyjack the thread, this could easily change into a different topic and I don't think promoting a business is fair to the forum without paying for that right. As you see I have been a member here much longer than my rod making career of a couple years.

If you do have that special rod that feels like you could cast it blind folded and feels like an extension of you keep it!

as far as reproducing rods it would be something that no ethical rod maker would do and with the technology advancements in graphite you would not want to. the feel you get in a rod is a combination of modulus and taper and you vary both of these throughout the rod to get the feel you are looking for. In a nut shell buy lots of mandrels and multiple materials, do lots of math to get flag dimensions and when you get close spend lots of time fishing and casting and don't compromise until you get it just right even if its gonna cost more money in development. All the companies being talked about above have done this to some extent and that is why top fly rods cost so much money. If someone would have told me that it would take as much money to start as it does I would have never tried it.
-Jeff