Mike and I went back to the windy Eastern Sierras Monday and Tuesday. The water level in all lakes, creeks and the Owen's River remains dangerously low. However the fishing was not bad. We learned from a few friendly locals that DFG has been getting rid of a lot of fish in strange places. One being the weir pond on North Fork Bishop Creek behind the Ford dealership. Another report we got was from a guy from my neck of the woods who has been in Bishop for 3 months working. He said DFG dumped a lot of 2 to 5 pounders in South Fork Bishop Creek right at Parchers Resort. We did not go there so can't substantiate the claim. Also if you have a Rhino or other ATV, and the time, it is possible to ride to the West end of Sabrina for the big browns that are running out of food.
Between the 2 of us we probably landed 50 fishes and LDR about that many more. Most were small 6 to 8 inches, The largest was a 14" 'Bow that Mike brought to hand. I didn't bring my camera on this trip.
The low water situation up there sure needs some relief. Praying for a steady wet fall and winter. Jim