+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Orvis streamline

Default Orvis streamline

Hey all I posted this on the main board but received no replies. Was wondering if there is any feedback here.

Anyone with feedback on Orvis' streamline rods. I was looking at the 5wt 4pc tip flex.
    Any info would be appreciated.

Seege

JC,

Im asking because I was put into an impulse shopping mode last week. I needed a travel rod for a trip home to CA because I forgot to mail my rods. Anyways thats a really good excuse to go buy a new one right? So I ended up going to Gander Mountain and purchased one of their Plateau series rods. I have casted it and Im just not sure if I want to keep it or not. Just dont feel comfortable with it for some strange reason. Cant wait to read the column next week.

Seege

[This message has been edited by FIREMAN (edited 15 May 2005).]

Thanks JC for the honesty. I looked under reviews and couldnt find it is there a different link for the article? Or is it next weeks?

Seege (not the Grand poo-bah)

hey Rich,

Let me know if you want to borrow a 4 pc. 6 wt. for this trip. happy to let you use it. It's a 8'6" Cortland and casts really nicely. Give me a call if interested. I'm home every morning this week.

------------------
    These are the idle thoughts that posses a man's mind when he's not able to fish.

JC,

That rod that I purchased on a whim broke on me the last day of my trip. With no indication of any type of fractures or cracks it gave way. The good news is they gave me my money back which is good business. The bad news was we were into the trout and I didnt have a rod. Sad to say that I was a long ways from a tackle shop to do anything about it. Interestingly enough the rod broke on the bottom 1/3 of the second piece from the butt section. I thought that this was an odd spot for a rod to break. Also Ive never broke a rod before and I do treat them they way they should so it was probably a defect. You think? The guys at the store said they had never had one returned which is hard to believe for any reason.

Seege

+ Reply to Thread