The wing is not made of Zlon because it isn't crinckled or wavey, it is straight and white but with a blue cast when in the water. I was in the Blue Ribbon Fly Shop and those guys were very helpful, but at $2.25 a fly it doesn't take long to spend $50. on some flies, some deer hair and a few other things. It just tore my heart out knowing that I could have tied those same flies for almost nothing.
The gentlman said he made the fly for himself and to give away to poor unknowing tourists like me, but that I couldn't find it any where else. It was on a #16 hook and was only gold glass beads with this small antron wing. Put it on a 10 or 12 foot leader length to a yarn indicator with enough splitshot to get it down fast. Tie it on with a big loop knot so that it can move. Where we were there was faster and deeper water, about 5 or 6 feet deep, along the far bank with a very deffinate bubble line. He would cast just a little up stream to let it sink, then take up the slack and give it a couple of little twiches or jigs, and say "fish on". I am really hoping some one here can help with the wing material, but i can also experiment a little bit also.