After loosing a number of sets of hemostats on zingers, I half-hitched a 3 foot long length of light but strong nylon cord to one finger loop of my hemostats. The other end goes around my neck, with a separate cord sliding Uni-knot securing the cord in place and to my person. The hemostats clip on to a tab or to the chest pocket flap on my fishing shirts, which has solved my lost hemostat problems for good. I like tying large loops in the rod end of my level and tapered Fluorocarbon lines. If the loop is big enough to get your little finger or better yet your thumb through, it makes it a lot easier to stretch the coil set out of your lines. The only trouble with using such large loops on FC lines is that the line is so stiff and hard that the girth hitch or loop-to-loop connection can't get a firm grip on the FC. line, and the loops can move around a bit, sometimes causing hinging in the line when casting. So I recently hit upon the hemostat cord lock-knot to solve the loose loops problem and it is working very well.

The Zip-Lock Knot is nothing more than a 5-turn Uni-knot, tied with 4 Lb. test tippet material around both legs of the line loop or the girth hitch loop, which makes it independent of the other line and free to be slid up or down the loop to make the loop looser or tighter as you desire. To tie the Zip-Lock Knot, cut about a 6 inch piece of 4 Lb. line from the spool. Lay it over the loop knot making the loop, and pinch both lines between your thumb and forefinger. With the long tag end form a small loop to the side and behind most of the larger line loop, working it under your thumb and forefinger as you form the loop so your fingers are holding both loops in place. Now run the tag end of the 4 Lb. line around both line loop legs and back up through the 4 Lb. loop, 5 times. I stick the line through 4 Lb loop with my hand and pull it tight and work it under my thumb and forefinger with my teeth, while stabilizing the larger line loop with my other hand. To tighten the knot, pull on the short tag end first while jamming the wraps together tightly with your thumb and finger nails. Now do the same with the other tag end of the 4 Lb. line. When the knot is all cinched down nice and tight, cut the tag ends off with a pair of scissors. Test the Zip-Lock Knot by sliding it back and forth on the loop and you are all done. It would probably be best not to slide the Zip-Lock Knot down tight against the line loop knot as it might be hard to get your finger nails back in behind the knot to slide it forward again. If you have a use for this, give it a try and see what you think. I just put Zip-Lock Knots on all of my level and tapered lines and it didn't take much time....Golden