Thanks! I'll look into Schweitzer's book for sure. I already have Marty Bartholomew's "Fly Fishing Guide to Colorado". I've been going through it so much that it's starting to fall appart. (I picked up before I want out there three years ago.)

I'll be tenting it. I've got a site on Chambers Lake for the first five nights. Lets me get to Joe Wright Reservoir easily. (going for Grayling, I hope....on my bucket list of fish I haven't caught yet.) There's a number of rivers and creeks in the area, too. Also not that far from RMNP. From there I'm heading to Ruedi or Woody Creek to my uncles place if the campsites are full for the weekend. Fishing the Frying Pan and Roaring Fork. From there, it's a crap shoot at the moment. May go on down towards the Gunnison (Black Canyon area) however I can't afford a float with my present travel companion (husband). DRAT! (another bucket list thing of mine) But Taylor River below the reservoir looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfrat View Post
Steven Schweitzer's "A Fly Fishing Guide to Rocky Mountain National Park" will be an excellent resource for you. Best darn fishing guidebook I've ever read. Tells you what waters have what trout types and has elevation charts for all trails to them. Marty Bartholomew's "Fly Fishing Guide to Colorado" is also an excellent resource and one worth your time if you plan to spend that much time in this state.

Kremmling is an interesting potential base point, with good access to a lot of good waters. The Allington Inn & suites is a fine place to stay there.

Enjoy!