I need get out of Dodge so to speak. I wanted to avoid the after Hex duldrums and the mosquitoes in Michigan this year. I've had a great time there this season but I'm feeling the call of the west again. Tried to get the other half to agree to Montana, and got a big fat "NO WAY". So since I'm tied to him for this run, he agreed that Colorado was more to his liking. No Grizzlies. (That should be MY line.)

Now I know we will camp at Ruedi for a few days and I'll hit the Frying Pan and Roaring Fork. My uncle lives in Woody Creek so we get together for some back country adventure as well and a few brews at the Woody Creek Tavern.

My purpose for this thread is to get some help as to where other "MUST fish before you die" places may be in Colorado. I know about the Gunnison and would love to do the Black Canyon float but I don't think I can arrange the funds. I'll be hopping around Colorado for about a month. I have to be back home by the 14th of August. I'm looking at the Front Range area for starters (before heading down towards Basalt) ..there's a lake (Joe Wright Reservoir) there that supposedly has Grayling (on my bucket list). I know nothing about it other than it's probably popular. Is it worth the stop. Camp sites? Any feed back on this would be appreciated. Any other spots around Estes Park RMNP etc I should look at?

Other suggestions around the state, Camping locations, etc. (Primitive and pretty prefered.) We'll be tenting. I don't mind short hike ins, but the altitude gets me for the first couple of weeks so SHORT is the key word until I get used to it. Going from 600 ft to 10,000 is a bit tough on the old system.

I can go just about anywhere is the state...but would rather be fishing than driving and like the mountain vistas when i can get them, since I'm a life long flat lander. So if you don't mind suggesting a must see spot or two...I'd appreciate it. You can answer via PM if you prefer. I fish stricky catch and release and use flies only and I can keep my mouth shut tighter than a ducks you know want.

Thanks... I'm leaving in a week. TOLD YOU IT WAS LAST MINUTE!!! And of course if you're looking for a fishing buddy for a day...I don't mind company. The other half doesn't fish.