Dale, I'm sure your camper is perfect for you and I am definitely not knocking it. It wouldn't work for me because I am both tall and claustrophobic. Conversely, I've seen others in RV parks happily camping in rigs that look much like yours, but 1/2 the size. We all find the one that is right for us and rejoice in no longer sleeping in a tent --even as others think tenting is the only way to go.
Has as much floor space as an Aliner or Chalet so it would not be any more claustropobic then those. Don't know how tall you are but I can manage just fine. But in the final analysis the reason for going smaller is to sleep up off the ground and provide a shelter from the elements. If space is the major concern then maybe something like a 30' TT or 5th wheeler would be the route to go. Also, if towing size and weight are of the primary concern, then a popup camper outshines them all for interior space when opened up. AND ... I've not heard of (of course it may have happened), of a bear dragging someone out of a popup camper like I heard happening with a regular tent.