I have a condition called Ideopathic Peripheral Neuropathy. Ideopathic is ?Doc speak? for we don?t know what is causing it, so have no way to cure it or stop or slow down its advance. Many people who have this suffer constant burning pain. I?m lucky. I?ve just gone numb. No pain.

It has been going on for about 15 years now, but has advanced rapidly in the last 6 months and I am now incapable of fly fishing. When I put on waders and wading boots, I am totally disconnected from the ground and in high danger of falling. I have a hard time just buttoning shirts, to say nothing about tying any fly fishing knots.

But don?t mourn for me. I was angry about it at first. Then I realized that fly fishing was once a major way for me to relieve stress, but I?ve now reached an age and stage where I no longer have much stress in my life. So God has been fair to me and I have no reason to be angry or to complain. I have so many great memories of the fishing and the friends I have met via fly fishing, and they'll last a lifetime.

I?ll continue to post here. Don?t expect any current fishing reports, but I?ll participate and help as much as I can. I owe that this to board, which was so incredibly helpful to me as I learned the sport! I am really grateful for that!

I've truly been blessed to have been ble to enjoy fly fishing and the wonderful people it attracts!

Brad Morgan