Thread: Fujifilm FinePix XP60

Threaded View

Lightbulb Fujifilm FinePix XP60

Happened to see one of these for the first time today. An acquaintance had just returned from guiding a fly angling trip to Slovenia and showed me some of the pix he took with this camera.

I was really impressed with the image quality and the ( apparent ) simplicity of the menus, both for stills and movie with sound.

The camera is waterproof to 20 feet, shockproof from 5 feet, and freezeproof to 20*F putting it sqarely in competition with the Olympus Tough series and likely the current version of the Pentax Optio, or whatever name Pentax uses these days.

Follow the link the the FujiFilm website and the FinePix XP60 information.

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/dig.../finepix_xp60/

Not quite sure what they are available for. Most of the websites listing them show a range from about $200 to $250. My acquaintance got his at the local Costco for $169, but indicated they are now on sale for something less than that, at least in Missoula.

If you are looking for a waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof camera, be sure to check this one out. When and if my Olympus 850SW gives up the ghost, the FujiFilm FinePix XP60 is gonna definitely be on my list of potential replacements.

John

P.S. I think I will be getting some pix of the trip to Slovenia. Will post them here, with credits, if I do get them.
    Last edited by JohnScott; 06-23-2013 at 02:58 AM.
    The fish are always right.