+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Happy Summer Solstice

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default Happy Summer Solstice

We have had a great May and June up here in the northwest, and now that tomorrow is summer solstice we have cold rain. High will be around 64 with a low of 49 and oh yea, rain. Oh well, that is the northwest for you. Soon it will actually turn to summer. Fishing is picking up and I hear Montana calling my name. Larry ---sagefisher---

Spring went by so quickly. Happy Summer Solstice to you sagefisher.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

it seems like every year people talk about how we go from winter to summer, this year we had spring, cool and warm alternating, violent weather and rain, lots of rain. I am a warm weather guy, I refuse to fuss about the hot weather because I'm going to fuss when it's cold. The thing I dislike about today, is Sunday the days start getting shorter. But "This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it." Happy Summer everyone, I hope we all get to fish a lot and catch a lot of fish when we go, if you don't catch fish, I hope something else brings you greater joy like your grandchild or child catching fish.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

We had a relatively cool morning for this times of year (67 degrees), low humidity, light wind out of the north. Sure wish it would stay this way for the entire summer! In fact this spring has been on the cool side for this area. I've noted the bream were later then usual for their bedding in the ponds and little lakes we have close by. For our spring time gathering of old crony crappy fisherman (that title seems to fit!), which is at a lake about 100 miles inland, weather was so cool that our trip was on the dismal side.

Blog Entries

At midnight I quit tying last night... It was either that or turn a light on. You have to see Alaska this time of year to understand...

Great looking fish, John! But, though less than me, you need to start Photoshopping your arm.

Brad

+ Reply to Thread