+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flyfishing shirts?

I will 2nd Prairieschooner.....I stumbled on the NaturalGear shirts in SAMS Club a few years ago. I now have 6 of them, 4 short sleeve and 2 long. Excellent shirts!....and only $25 each.

Any of the above...but check Ross and Marshalls. I have some Columbia shirts gotten there for 15 bucks or less
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

Hi All,

The shirt I wear almost all of the time while fly fishing in the mountains in warm weather in the summer is an Orvis "Insect Shield" shirt (I think that is the name of it), that has built in mosquito repellent.

The shirts are pricy, and I only have one, but the one I have is light weight and comfortable. It may be washed many times without losing its mosquito repellent quality. I don't have to use mosquito repellent when wearing it, and to my recollection, I have never been bitten while wearing it.

At any rate I think it is absolutely the most wonderful shirt I have ever had for fly fishing in warm weather where mosquitos can be a problem.

Regards,

Gandolf

i like these: http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=0X77. every once in a while i get a $25 off coupon to use on any purchase over $50 which makes these a little more reasonable. just fished all day in one and the temps hit close to 90. felt very comfortable and it dries quickly after unintended dips in the river .

Anyone try the Aqua Design camo fishing shirts? http://www.aquadesign.com/

I buy filson,as advertised The Best There Is and they cost it too.

I too buy filson but only in my dreams..........

Rail Riders Madison River. Most comfortable hot weather shirt I've found, and bug proof too. I had tried some other brands, including some of the big names. Then I bought a Rail Riders. Now I have several Rail Riders shirts, which I rotate. The other brand shirts gather dust in the closet; one of these days I'll drop them off at Goodwill.

To me there is a difference between shirts for the outdoors and reel fishing shirts. many shirts today have loud colors, I like subdued tans and greens. I also like pockets large enough for a fly box, many have pockets that are on the small side. I don't use a vest, just a lanyard and two pocket sized boxes. So to me is a shirt that will block the rays. Have large pockets and have some wind blocking abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by NJTroutbum View Post
    I will 2nd Prairieschooner.....I stumbled on the NaturalGear shirts in SAMS Club a few years ago. I now have 6 of them, 4 short sleeve and 2 long. Excellent shirts!....and only $25 each.
    I have 4 and 2 also, including a very cool plaid short sleeve one I bought this year.
    There have never in history been so many opportunities to do so many things that aren't worth doing. - William Gaddis

+ Reply to Thread