+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Right knee Quit Working, sort of!

Hybrid View

Default Right knee Quit Working, sort of!

My right knee was a bit sore yesterday for no reason, just annoying. Woke up this morning and it was in no mood to bend!! I could walk just fine but it did not want to bend! Going up stairs was very painful, it hurt to sit down or even stand up! Took 2 Aleve and it is ok, for now! See what happens in the morning. It's a bitch to get old!! This is just something new.

Dang! Maybe you can get a tv acting role as Chester on Gunsmoke if they ever revise that show. Seriously, Jack, see a doctor, meanwhile try either hot or cold wraps. You may have a piece of cartilage or bone chip floating around in there and stuck in the joint or something causing it to not bend. Good luck with it. Ageing ain't all it's cracked up to be. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Blog Entries

Jack, Get yourself a soft knee wrap, a slip on type. Works for me when my knee starts acting up. Getting old is a bear, but the alternative is much worse. I was thinking Jack would make a good Walter Brennan as in The Real McCoys. Larry ---sagefisher---
    Last edited by sagefisher; 06-09-2013 at 03:48 AM.

If you can't wade and fish In Michigan, you can cook and tie flies!! That will free me up for more fishing.

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Saw the most amazing thing on Youtube - the "knee pain guru" with a little exercise that helped my knee. Maybe he has one for yours, too.

Last year I had a bout of pseudogout, like gout only it's not in your foot. Hurt really bad but meds will cure it if you go to a doctor.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Hope it clears up for the big trip!
    There is only one thing worse than getting old........Not getting old!
    All the best.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hise View Post
    My right knee was a bit sore yesterday for no reason, just annoying. Woke up this morning and it was in no mood to bend!! I could walk just fine but it did not want to bend! Going up stairs was very painful, it hurt to sit down or even stand up! Took 2 Aleve and it is ok, for now! See what happens in the morning. It's a bitch to get old!! This is just something new.
    Well Jack, be thankful that the Aleve helped. I had knee surgery two weeks ago because I tore my meniscus last Oct and I had to crawl back to the car a couple of times when wading the creeks. And when the doc was in there playing around he found I'd torn the other one two so I got two repaired for the price for one.

Downside is I haven't wet a line this year and looks like it will be a while yet.

+ Reply to Thread