+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's a out of state license going to cost?

Default What's a out of state license going to cost?

One of the guys on the NGTO bulletin board posted this. I thought may of you would find it interesting. This is last year's fee, so they may be slightly higher. http://dnr.maryland.gov/service/fishingcost_bystate.asp
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

The price listed for Montana for three days is incorrect. It's actually cheaper. Two 2-day permits equals $40 instead of the $53.50 they claim. It makes me think the rest of the data might also be suspect.

Oklahoma is way off. Non-resident annual is $55. We don't have a 7- or 3-day non-resident license, but just a 6-day non-resident, which is $35.

Of course, I did not check out all the states, GA was correct and LA also. But this was supposed to be last year's fees, if that makes a difference. BUT what do you expect from Maryland, it next to DC.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Those are the prices that Maryland charges to out of state anglers buying a Maryland license. It's based on what each state would charge a Maryland resident to fish in that state. In some cases, those states don't have 3 or 7 day licenses, so they make an approximation.
    Bob

Blog Entries

I pay more for my resident WA state fishing license than I do for my non-resident annual Montana license. Go figure. Larry ---sagefisher---

I don't understand that chart. I'm a New Yorker and was fishing in Maryland just last week. I went to a Wal-Mart to buy my license. The clerk pulled out a chart just like the one you referenced and told me that the fee for New Yorkers was $35 for either a 3-day or a 7-day and said "you may as well get the 7-day then". I forked over the $35, plus another $10 for a trout stamp.

After reading the Maryland F & G web site, I saw that the non-Resident fees were a lot less than what I had paid. I emailed F & G and they confirmed that the non-resident fee was $5 for the 3-day and $7.50 for the 7-day license.

California is a little pricier this year. The DFG found several million dollars that was being hoarded for some projects that never happened so they raised the cost of licenses to help them hoard more. Way to go Moonbeam. 1 day: $14.61, 2 day: $22.94, 10 day: $45.93, Annual: $123.38. CA resident pays $45.93 + whatever stamps are required.
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

You will need to pay eight dollars more to upgrade to all species if you fish for trout, salmon or steelhead in Michigan.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by gadabout View Post
    I don't understand that chart. I'm a New Yorker and was fishing in Maryland just last week. I went to a Wal-Mart to buy my license. The clerk pulled out a chart just like the one you referenced and told me that the fee for New Yorkers was $35 for either a 3-day or a 7-day and said "you may as well get the 7-day then". I forked over the $35, plus another $10 for a trout stamp.

After reading the Maryland F & G web site, I saw that the non-Resident fees were a lot less than what I had paid. I emailed F & G and they confirmed that the non-resident fee was $5 for the 3-day and $7.50 for the 7-day license.
    That's wrong. Maryland (we don't have a F & G, we have a DNR) charges as below:

Non-Tidal/Freshwater Licenses

Annual Non-Tidal License

The annual non-tidal license allows licensee to fish in the fresh waters of Maryland from January 1 through December 31.
    Resident $20.50
    Nonresident non-tidal license fees are equal to a $30.50 minimum or reciprocal for state of residence, whichever is greater.
    7-day Non-tidal License

The 7-day Non-tidal License allows licensee to fish the fresh waters of Maryland for 7 consecutive fishing days.
    Resident $7.50
    Nonresident non-tidal license fees are equal to the fee charged a MD resident for a similar license by non-resident?s home state.
    3-day Non-tidal License

The 3-day non-tidal license (available to nonresidents only) allows licensee to fish the fresh waters of Maryland for 3 consecutive fishing days.
    Nonresident non-tidal license fees are equal to the fee charged a MD resident for a similar license by non-resident?s home state.
    Trout Stamp

The Resident Trout Stamp ($5.00) allows Maryland State residents 16 years of age or older to fish in any special catch and return trout management area and to possess trout taken from non-tidal waters of Maryland. (This stamp is not required if you hold a Resident Senior Consolidated License.) The Non Resident Trout Stamp ($10.00) allows non residents of the State of Maryland 16 years of age or older to fish in any special catch and return trout management area and to possess trout taken from non-tidal waters of Maryland. (Non Resident seniors must purchase a trout stamp to possess trout).

FWIW, I googled this page so that I could quote verbatim. With the search terms "maryland dnr non-resident fishing licenses" the top seearch directed me to a page that quoted the amounts you stated. I was somewhat puzzled, thinking maybe we'd changed our system, until I realized that the page I was looking at was for Wisconsin. Perhaps you did the same thing.

You were charged the right amount.
    Bob

+ Reply to Thread