+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spent a day at Arrowhead Ranch

Hybrid View

Default Spent a day at Arrowhead Ranch

One of the Houseparents called me Friday and said that his wife and him needed to make a trip to Atlanta and wanted to know if I could take care of two of the boys that live with them at the ranch while they were gone and I agreed to help out. It takes about 4 hours to drive to Atlanta from here and I knew it would be late before they returned. I got to the ranch at 9am and stayed with the boys til 10pm. Needless to say, we had a great time! We fly fished the lake on the ranch until lunch and then I took them to KFC in Tullahoma which they thought was the greatest! I never knew 2 boys could eat so much! : ) After lunch we went to the Duck River to trout fish until around 5pm and a thunderstorm blew in and we returned to the house. Between the 2 of them they caught about 15 rainbows and they had a great time and are "hooked" on fly fishing! When we returned to the house, I asked them what they wanted to eat and they said anything. I told them to go watch TV and I would snoop around and see what I could come up with. I found Pillsbury Cresent Rolls and went looking for hot dogs to roll up in the cresent rolls but never found any but did find some sliced ham for sandwiches and some slices of pepper cheese. I rolled up the ham and pepper cheese in the cresent rolls and baked them and crossed my fingers that the boys would like them. I was a little worried. They both told me they like pepper cheese and tore into the cresent rolls while they were still hot. Charlie, the youngest of the two, walked across the kitchen to me and hugged me around the waist and looked up and said, "Thank you, Mr. Patterson, these are great!" These boys are fantastic and a joy to be around. After they had eaten we tied flies until the real Houseparents returned from Atlanta. This was the second time that I have been asked to be a Temporary Houseparent and it is a wonderful experience that I wish more could experience. Here are some pictures of our fishing:

Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

That is fantastic, Warren! Absolutely what it is all about. And I am not talking just about fly fishing...
    The Green Hornet strikes again!!!

Warren,

I am sure those boys made your day; I know how much the boys mean to you at Arrowhead.
    Glad you had the opportunity to be a houseparent once again.

Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

The pics made my day. Thanks for posting.
    "Fishermen are born honest, but they get over it"
    Ed Zern

Hey Warren,

You have as heart of gold.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

I think it's great there is a place in the area to keep Warren off the streets and out of trouble. The boys seem to do a great job of that.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread