Thread: TUSA rod Law suit

Threaded View

I haven't seen the DFS rod, but if it is indeed "identical" to the TUSA Ito, it probably wasn't the best idea to market it as "our own version of the Ito, made by the same rod manufacturer". The concept of the zoom rod is not proprietary to TUSA and others were in the market long before TUSA. There was already a well known tenkara rod that also zooms from 13' to 14'-7, and coincidently the TUSA rod is marketed for much less money than that competitors zoom rod. Sounds familiar, right? It's called competition. TUSA did have the common sense and innovation to come up with their own design though. There's also another tenkara rod in the market that has some very familiar looking almost iconic "green stripes" on it that resemble the TUSA Ayu. I'm guessing that rod, if not already, will become an issue as well. When I first saw it I thought to myself "what the heck were they thinking?" If you're trying to make a name for yourself, why put out the same or very similar product and paint it to look the same or make a claim that it's "identical". It's just screams CHEAP KNOCKOFF to me. Maybe it won't be long before we can all go down to our local flea market and get a new Shimano Tenkara 34-38 ZL for an unbelievably low price of $60.00

Cheers I'm gonna go have a beer. That's another wagon I'm not planning to get on any time soon.

JD
    Last edited by jd_smith; 06-02-2013 at 03:38 AM.