+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hobie

Default hobie

i finally took the plunge and bought a hobie pro angler 14. what had i been thinking? fish beware, i am among you.

NICE! A friend of mine got one a few weeks ago as well. I hope I get to try his out! I want to see how much better I like it, compared to my Hobie Outback.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Where you going to use it? There's no water around Columbus. Seriously, this time of the early the aroma of bream beds should be wafting through town. Don?t get run over by a barge on the Tombigbee.

Came through Columbus couple of weeks back, thought about you but had no idea which drugstore you work at.
    Last edited by Uncle Jesse; 05-29-2013 at 12:57 AM.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Congrats and welcome to the addiction! You will love the stealth that a kayak gives you. I have literally spooked fish within arms reach of me as I glided beside them in my yak.

I also understand your excitement at the new purchase. I just recently got my van rigged up to car-top my kayak, after my wife traded in her truck for an SUV many months ago. I'm frothing at the mouth thinking about where I want to go!

Nice purchase. I picked up a sit in last year and have used it many times catching fish where i dont have to rub elbows with other fisherman. Already loking at a RIDE 135. If you cant afford a boat this is he next best thing. Good luck

Alright, I was perfectly happy with my Hobie Outback until you had to call my attention to this new model Now I have to spend the next year or so looking for a great bargain to buy one (which I probably won't find) so I'll have to talk my wife into why I need to upgrade to this model. It looks like a great fishing kayak. One question though, does this new model give you any options for going in reverse or is it still put down the fly rod grab the paddle? Jim Smith

I've got a Ride 115 and love it, very stable, looking forward to learning to stand up and FF from it. Well, try and FF from it anyways.

Cool james s

the reverse option involves a paddle unfortunately. the boat comes with a kayak paddle that can be seperated mid shaft. it also comes with a t handle to affix to one half of the kayak paddle to make a single paddle. i grew up sculling wooden boats made by my granfather and have a very short sculling paddle in this boat for small lateral position adjustments and reversing direction. i had forgoten how close one could get to fish and critters paddling a boat quietly as i did growing up. this purchase has proven its worth to me from that aspect alone, in spite of being an excellent fishing platform. i have nothing bad to say about this boat and those that know me would find that unbeleivable as i am very critical on most occasions. this is by far the most worthwhile item that i have ever paid too much for. 99% of my fishing is warmwater. i venture to the louisianna marsh sometimes to fish for reds and specs from a 19 ft center console and have spooked many reds in skinny water with the motor guide 70 lb thrust trolling motor. those fish are in for a rude awakening when i return next month. my only regret is that i did not make this purchase years ago when someone on this board replied to one of my kayak post by saying "HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THE PRO ANGLER 14".........DO IT!!!!

if you can "scull" a boat, as i'm sure you can, you need not put the fly rod down to reverse direction in the pro angler 14

Quote Originally Posted by jalama View Post
    if you can "scull" a boat, as i'm sure you can, you need not put the fly rod down to reverse direction in the pro angler 14
    I used to get first shot at the fish when fishing with my brother in law because I was the one on front of the jon boat with a 3 ft. wood paddle in my left hand. I used it for years after I got a trolling motor because it is so much quieter. I sold my jon boat this weekend and included my paddle that I bought in 1973, Caviniss Featherbrand, Calhoun City, MS.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread