Thread: Suitcase for 9.5 ft fly rod

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    Byron,

Go to any hardware store and get a piece of 1-1/2" PVC Tubing plus 2 end caps. Cut the tube to a length equal to the rod sections plus 2 or 3 inches. Glue one of the caps to one end. Sand the inside of the other cap and outside of the other end just a little and smoothly. The cap wil still fit snug but it'll be easier to remove when needed. Sand the exterior and spray paint if you desire. This rod case is just about indestructable and costs about $6. I just made one yesterday for a small rod I built. Had to buy a 10' tube, used 3', and have 7' left over. Guess I'll have to build a couple of more rods, lol.

Allan
    The rod is in its metal tube. As I said, I need a suitcase that it will fit in as well as other rods, wading boots, waders, other clothes, etc.

Thanks Silver. I may look into those. As I said, I currently use a hard bottomed duffle bag type bag but it is really unruly to get around with.
    Although Costco is closed today, I understand they have one which is only 30" long. Gotta see if maybe it would fit in that if put in diagonally. Any math majors here? If it is 30" long and 17" wide, how long is it in diagonal?
    Of course, those, I assume, are outside measurements........

I found the formula and calculate the diagonal as 34" based on 30" X 17" X 4".................
    Last edited by Byron haugh; 05-27-2013 at 06:52 PM.