+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HELP..Broken Rod Advice

Default HELP..Broken Rod Advice

this w-e I tapped my henry's Fork on a small branch during a roll-cast, and the tip broke off. (about 3/4" below the end ferrel)I love this rod, is perfect for my stream. Should I return this for Orvis to repair,(I am 2nd owner), or is this an easy repair? I would not want anything to affect the performance. Thanks for any information, SAD day...

I would definatly contact Orvis. Their repair work is not only well respected but seems to reasonably priced.
    AgMD

If Orvis is not able to repair the rod for you, you might try a splice repair yourself.

I had a good experiance repairing a 4wt rod last season using the instructions found on FAOL in the Rodbuilding section. I wanted to keep the rod since it was part of a matched set of rods I built from discounted blanks. Check out...
    [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/features/rodrepair/:876c8]http://www.flyanglersonline.com/features/rodrepair/[/url:876c8]

The repair is made of scrap rod sections and acts like a fixed ferrule, splicing the break back together.

I don't notice any significant change in the action after the repair and it's great to have a favorite rod back in service.

Orvis would probaly replace the whole broken section, returning a rod in 'like new' condition. My repair looks like an odd bulge. I just tell my picky friends it's an experimental rod dampening device.

+ Reply to Thread