Had I been in a public or wild area, I would think it was a Carp. Heck, last year, I tried to catch a couple Koi I found trapped in a creek. I know they get HUGE, and are a great fight on a fly rod.

The only reason I don't think it's a Carp, is that this pond is private, and has been stocked with only 4 species of fish, Bluegill, Bluegill X Green Sunfish Hybrids, LMB, and Channel Cats. This pond is only about an acre. Lots of weeds and algae in the pond. I've never seen Carp splashing and thrashing around in the shallows during early Spring. Nor is anything munching on all the vegetation. If there was a Grass Carp in here, I'm sure Maintenance (who are in charge of maintaining the pond as well as buildings) would have told me, as they know I hit it frequently (I let them know about things I see going on as well). I haven't seen the two folks that really manage the pond since I saw this fish, so I don't know for sure.

Once I talk to these gents, I'll let you all know. That is, unless I catch said critter between now and then. Then I'll just post a pic