Thread: Bicycling & flyfishing.

Threaded View

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

I almost bought that color myself. The Bike Shop didn't have one in my size that color, and I didn't want to wait for one to come in.

The wine color was beautiful. But the blue is not bad. I think one year they also made a gold-colored model. They changed the design around 2004, and switched to a straight top-tube, instead of the classy mildly curved top-tube. It's a shame, because the looks really suffer now. The newer ones just look like an overgrown MTB with street tires.

Specialized Crossroads make excellent long-distance touring bikes. You just need to replace the flat handlebars with a set of Scott, or Nashbar Trekking handlebars, and you're good to go. Profile makes a nice set of long-distance bars called Commuter Bars, that are of a similar design. I have the Nashbar model. I do Century's all the time on my Crossroads (when I am not trying to show off my 1978 Cannondale Criterium), and I have taken two-week long tours with it with little trouble. I think my longest ride so far has been from Chatsworth, Ga. to Tampa, Fl in 9 days. I came back via Greyhound.

I don't even have a Driver's License anymore (gave it up voluntarily 4 years ago in protest to high gas prices, and I also question the States authority to require a license to use my own personal property to travel on public roads). I bicycle everywhere. I do use public transportation sometimes (we have a shuttle service in Chatsworth, Ga.), but not much. It's amazing how much money a car costs you to own and operate. I love my bicycles.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    Got one of those '94 Specialized Crossroads sitting in my garage ready to go - except mine is the deep wine color - with a rack on the back. <br>
    <br>
    I really enjoy biking, but the places I fish are a bit too far away to get to with a bike. There are a few places where I plan to take it along with me and then use it to explore.<br>
    <br>
    Since I'll be wet wading, everything I need will fit in a Camelback Rim Runner hydration pack and the rod can be strapped to the rack on the bike or to the Camelback.<br>
    <br>
    John
    Last edited by Gigmaster; 05-29-2013 at 08:41 PM.