I've never used that term, but I grit my teeth whenever any of my favorite spots show up in other posts. And it doesn't have to be a "turn at this sign and drive X miles and pull over by the big tree". For instance, most of the photos of trout you post from the Lochsa have enough background in them that I can tell what pool you are standing in, and in some cases, what rock. Not a big deal since I am 900 miles away, but there are places on that river I gave up fishing because everyone said "go to this hole and fish", and there is ALWAYS someone in that spot. Then again, I can't see the attraction of standing in the same spot all day, or day after day, and recatching the same fish, either.

I learned long ago the best way to have a river become crowded was to advertise how good the fishing was, and to tell people where and how to fish it, so I don't do that any more. I take pics of fish, yes, and say I was in a particular river, but I try real hard to not have any identifiers in the photo (although I have had people ID a spot from a single rock in the water), and I don't get detailed about how I caught em. Most of the time. If someone wants to know, they can always ask, but I am under no obligation to give up hard-earned info to people not willing to put forth their own efforts.