+ Reply to Thread

Thread: question about rivers crossing the US/Canada border...

Hybrid View

Default question about rivers crossing the US/Canada border...

hey guys,

just wondering.... the rivers that cross the US/ Canada borders, are there signs, or anything alerting you that you just crossed the border?

i have fished the great lakes, and as long as you are on the water you can go anywhere, just dont dock on the wrong side of the lake without a passport.... but while wading, or paddling, docks are not really necessarily... i live in PA, so if this is a obvious one sorry guys, i dont get out of state much....

but wouldn't that suck? stop for lunch, whoops! wrong country!!! "no no officer, i left my passport in my other waders!"

-spoof
    if every cast caught a fish, it would be called "catching" not "fishing"

You know you're at the border when, instead of "No Trespassing" the signs say "Take Off, Eh?"

Regards,
    Scott

^^^^^ that there's funny, no doubt ^^^^^^
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

awesome...
    if every cast caught a fish, it would be called "catching" not "fishing"

Blog Entries

Yes there are signs on either side of the river and usually huge cut lines that indicate the border as well as a fire break. However, now days with all the eaxtra security there may even be far more visual signs. You do not want to be fishing in Canada with only a US license, at least not over here in the NW. Larry ---sagefisher---

spoof

I do not believe you are correct on the US/canadian border in the great lake region. I fish that area too, but do not have the boat to travel across the lake into canada, and have encountered border patrol on the niagra river. if the mounties catch you fishing on the wrong side of the water without the proper license, you will be prosectuted.

25 years ago I used to fish the Aroostook River which flowed from Maine into New Brunswick. It more or less was dead in Maine but below the dam near the border in NB it was outstanding. Back then I used to be able to go to the border check station once a year and let them know who I was and that I would be crossing the border on the "River Road" to fish. I think there was a small concrete marker on the side of the road to mark the border.
    To the simpleton, proof does not matter once emotion takes hold of an issue.

+ Reply to Thread