The thing is, we all have a choice about what we bring to the Bulletin Board. Personally, I like to bring and appreciate others bringing positive stuff about fly angling and directly related subjects.

Some folks like to bring negative stuff that has nothing to do with fly angling. It is particularly curious when someone who was giving it up and selling off all his fly angling gear a few years ago and hasn't posted hardly anything about fly angling in the past couple years uses the Bulletin Board for whatever personal needs he has. Over the long haul, the primary need seems to have involved posting about either negative things from the current news or his own alleged personal problems, or those of family and friends. And I use the word "alleged" advisedly.

The closer we all stick to fly angling topics, the better everyone gets along and the healthier this place is. The further away from fly angling topics anyone gets, the more this place experiences division and dissension. That is probably the underlying rationale for the no wars, politics, and religion policy.

Sometimes when I see the non-angling posts, especially some of the really negative personal stuff, I wonder how we can expect new members, especially young people, to hang around.

John