Greetings Ray, yes, we certainly are preparing. I've been tying cicadas for the past two weeks. New Jersey has started and a couple have emerged in Gaithersburg,Md. about 11 miles NW of DC. The Potomac River is expected to boil with fish activity as soon as the emergence gets into full swing. We have had some cold snaps and heavy rains here which is probably responsible for the delay as ground temps need to be in the high 60's. As far as patterns go, I tied and posted (on this board...fotw) a cicada pattern back in 2004 which has been very effective for bass and I am trying it out on trout this year in a smaller version....sz 8. My current pattern is in sz 4 and 6. I am also trying this out on the huge snakeheads which are now occupying the Potomac. Those monsters are fighters but have a mouth that is practically lethal for hands or fingers! there is a snakehead tournament each year since these awful fish have invaded. Will post more later when thing get going. My pattern instructions somehow got a little jumbled with the pics but I think you will be able to figure it out. I am thinking about doing a revision. Regards, Gerri