+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mother's Day Present

Grew beard right out of service.Shaved it when first born was about 18 months.She cried.Forty years later,still have it.

My kids, who are over 30 years old, have never and will never see me without a beard...........shaved it off once in 1980 for a business trip to Singapore, when I got back, started to grow it back and the rest is history.

Default My beard stays!

Was only kid in the 7th, grade that had to start shaving. Dad comes home one day and announces that it looks like time for you to start shaving. I was pumped! Momsays but he's just a baby. Dad says, yeah a baby with sideburns. Didn't really grow the full beard till about age 35 but no way it's getting shaved at this stage of the game. KEEP THE CROP!!!!!

I grew a beard every year for our church's Christmas program, for 3 or 4 nights I was a 1st century Jewish merchant. I would keep it until it warmed up. Solid white, I would wear a white turtleneck and a red cotton sweater to church before dressing in my costume. One night a 2-3 year old little girl wanted to come talk to me. I sat down in the floor and she got in my lap and just sat there. Made my Christmas season. In the spring when I shaved everyone would tell me I looked so much younger. I started parking cars and let a younger guy be the merchant. As I speed toward 70 at the speed of light I don't need anything to make me look older.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

I hope you kept it...that's a great beard. Just tell her that it provides essential protection from harmful UV rays.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

+ Reply to Thread