Thread: Fun At Diego Garcia....

Threaded View

Default Fun At Diego Garcia....

Had some time to fish on this past trip. One day was all jacks. They're fun to catch and they pull hard. Got a stingray, also. About 3 feet across. Took about 20 minutes before I even knew what it was. It was just a slow tug of war game. Got it up on the beach and thankfully the hook came loose. I wasn't really looking forward to playing with it.

Got back a week later and only had about two hours of light left. Fifteen minutes in a small bone hit. Only 17" but it made my day. It got better. Got three more. Two were the same size, one went about three pounds. Lost two and missed a couple. It was kind of an accident because I was throwing a streamer in 4-6' of water. Had to untangle a line loop and it hit bottom and the little booger nailed it. Repeated and they would hit. I'd rather be lucky than good!!!! Beautiful fish. Almost pure silver. I didn't have my camera because I have a tendency to drop them in the water. Got one of the beach and one of my new favorite "bonefish" fly though. Both times I had the whole place to myself.

IMG_0189.jpg IMG_0234.jpg
    Last edited by fr8dog; 05-10-2013 at 01:28 AM.