+ Reply to Thread

Thread: good things and bad

Default good things and bad

good: a three to four pound bass on my six foot two weight and # 12 nymph tonight

bad: another pair of waders leaking in the crotch after only a couple of years of use. It looks like a I have a bladder control problem when I get out of the water now and experience says that in a few more trips it will look like I was wet wading. Does anyone know why whatever brand of waders I buy they leak in the same place after just two years? Does anyone know how to repair this recurring leak? I have two pair hanging in the garage that I can't fix plus this one.

good: fresh bluegills for dinner tomorrow

very bad: Despite recent heavy rains the water was so low that the tops of the seawalls of homes along the lake were two feet over my head. I was wading in a place I usually have to float tube.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

sounds like your inseam is too short. I prefer that the crotch of my waders are tight against my crotch, plus some extra length in the legs.

Quote Originally Posted by rizeye View Post
    sounds like your inseam is too short. I prefer that the crotch of my waders are tight against my crotch, plus some extra length in the legs.
    Yup, I like my waders a little baggy. Makes movement much easier, and helps with the crotch leak issue.

Thanks guys. Actually the inseam on all of my waders has been too long as I have a 28" inseam and size 9.5 feet. I buy to match the feet. I have wondered if the excess material is bunching up in the same place and creating creases but I can find no sign of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowchaser View Post
    Thanks guys. Actually the inseam on all of my waders has been too long as I have a 28" inseam and size 9.5 feet. I buy to match the feet. I have wondered if the excess material is bunching up in the same place and creating creases but I can find no sign of it.
    I have a short inseam as well and have had problems with waders leaking where the inside seams sag and rub. In my case, it's not so much the crotch as the inner thigh and knee.

I spent a few extra $s and got some Orvis waders (http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=2G52) for my most recent pair. These come in a short inseam size and they also have a design the eliminates the inside seam. So far so good with these, but I've only used them about 40 days so far.

Thanks John. I have tried Orvis waders in the past but they may have gotten better. I hope you get a few years out of them.

I've had brand new Orvis waders leak in the crotch after just one float trip outing. I appreciate that there is more stress on the seam in that type of situation, but just the same, it should be something that the waders can endure.

+ Reply to Thread