+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Traveling Tying Kit

Hybrid View

Default Traveling Tying Kit

lA few months ago I asked a couple questions about a traveling tying kit. After some research and planning, I finally came up with something. The container is an aluminum case from Harbor Freight Tools.

The interior was stripped and compartments were added for an Ott Light and the vise

The rest of the bottom section will store boxes for hooks, card goods(chinnele, antron, etc), dubbing, tools, etc.

Ashallow tray is next to hold necks and various other feathers.

The top tray holds bagged goods.

Filling it with all the materials comes next...maybe I will be done before the Michigan Fish In.

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Brad,

I really like that box and it looks like it will be great! Job very well done! I think you could build and sell those very easily....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenP View Post
    Brad, I think you could build and sell those very easily....
    Maybe Warren, but I have enough other irons in the fire to keep me busy right now. We will see how it works out at the Michigan Fish In. I may be up to building 1 or 2 for some friends if they are not on a tight schedule

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

AlanB Guest

Could I be so bold as to suggest; a board with elastic across it fastened down in a couple of places would be a great way to keep capes tidy.

Cheers,
    A.

Hi Brad,

Nicely done!

If I am out of line, please do not answer this. My question is: How much did the basic case cost at Harbor Freight? Not all of the modifications that you made, just the unmodified basic box.

I have been thinking about a travel kit, and thought about plastic tool boxes, but your box looks better than what I was thinking about. So I was just wondering how the cost compared to the cost of a plastic tool box. If it is not too bad, I may go your way instead of a plastic tool box.

Thanks and regards,

Gandolf

Here's how I did mine.

And the tools

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf View Post
    Hi Brad,

Nicely done!

If I am out of line, please do not answer this. My question is: How much did the basic case cost at Harbor Freight? Not all of the modifications that you made, just the unmodified basic box.

I have been thinking about a travel kit, and thought about plastic tool boxes, but your box looks better than what I was thinking about. So I was just wondering how the cost compared to the cost of a plastic tool box. If it is not too bad, I may go your way instead of a plastic tool box.

Thanks and regards,

Gandolf
    Here you go...

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...=aluminum+case

+ Reply to Thread