Thread: REMEMBRANCES OF JC - Neil - May 6, 2013

Threaded View

"JC"... They don't make that model anymore. He was a cocky, crotchety ole fly flinger. He was just right!

My favorite was a post he made instructing a member with a distance casting problem. The guy couldn't get it. JC finally jumps into the discussion and yelps..."QUIT CASTING LIKE A GIRL !!!!!...I think he did some duckin' and runnin" and "cringin' " for that comment.

The post:....One last resort. Get mad. Really mad. At yourself, fate, casting in general, whatever. Decide you will cast so hard that you will destroy the &%$# rod on the next cast. You will 'make' the leader sizzle on the way past your ear. Stand up straight. Stop the ^%$# rod. Quit babying the fly rod! Hit it! Quit casting like a girl! Step up to it. Either you can cast or you can't; which will it be? Start listening for the backing knot to rip through the guides like a machine gun. A double-haul is never in progress. Either you can or not.

When the news was posted to the board about his death I said to myself: "geez"..."why", and shook my head in disbelief.

Any guy that can eat some "Lutefisk" (even if they don't like it) is ok in my book.

Thanks Neil.
    Last edited by hairwing; 05-07-2013 at 05:52 PM.
    "As far down the river as he could see, the trout were rising, making circles on the surface of the water, as though it were starting to rain."- E.H., The Big Two Hearted River