+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quality Scissors at Great Price

Default Quality Scissors at Great Price

I recently bought a pair of scissors and thought I'd share the information because it is an excellent pair and the price was even better. I happened to be walking around WalMart and saw these in the fabric/sewing dept. I've since learned they are also sold at JoAnn Fabrics. The manufacturer is 'Wescott'. It is 4 inches and Titanium". The blades close tightly and are very pointed. I think one blade has micro-serations but not sure. They are VERY sharp! They also have a slight curve which I kind of like. The price was only $4.97. Two things that may be drawbacks. Although the thumb/finger holes are cushioned, the color of the holes is pinkish/lavendar and they are made more for small fingers but mine slip in and out easily enough. At any rate I thought I'd pass this on because I think if they were sold in a flyshop they'd be priced at a minimum of $25. And if any of you are looking for a great pair of scissors, check these out. Oh, I bought these several weeks ago and, on a recent walk through @ Walmart, I saw that they also had a 3 inch pair by the same manufacturer at the same price. Well, I have at least 1-1/2 dozen pairs of scissors and I was able to walk away but I did think about it. Some of you might want to take a look at these the next time you find yourself at WalMart or JoAnn.

Allan

AlanB Guest

The Titanium is only a coating! I've been using them for about 4 years. I get about 9 to 12 months out of a pair. If you can find them Bexfield do similar ones for a lot less. (Not titanium coated). I find no difference in the wear between the two. For the Bexfeild ones I was paying about $2.50 (1.42 ukp + tax) each.
    Cheers,
    A.
    Last edited by AlanB; 05-05-2013 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Stupidity!

Blog Entries

I have one of those and they do work fine. I use them for my kevlar thread and glo bug trimming.

Alan,

Never heard of those but I've so many scissors that I really have no need. The pair I described just caught my eyes and I was curious. Then I was very pleasantly surprised.
    My favorites are the Thompson 'Ice Scissors' I bought perhaps 25 years ago. 3-1/2 inches, sharp as tacks, comfortable and cut near anything. Not impressed with some of the well known stuff so I thought some might be interested in these.

Allan

+ Reply to Thread